Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Nelson Bay and Port Stephens


While I was in Newcastle I visited the "visitors center" and inquired about dolphin cruises. I learned that if I hoped a bus out of Newcastle to Nelson Bay I could board a boat for only $20. So thats what I did the next morning. These would be those photos. The first one is me talking to Lisa, thanks Steph (she took the photo) . After a little fishing I made an amazing catch in the net...Yep, a Steph and Hayden Fish. They were keepers but I believe in catch and release. I let them go soon after taking this photo.

I also managed to "catch" a few pictures of dolphins. we actually had them much closer and even a few surfed our bow wave. Unfortunately those photos didn't work out.
After the boat ride, I came across a woman and her three grandchildren. The sun was headed towards the horizon as I approached. She was sitting on a large log as the children played in the sand and water. The opportunity to catch this moment in time inspired me. I approached her and introduced myself. Her name is Victoria. I told her what I saw and if she would be so kind as to have the kids sit next to her while I took thier photo. Victoria, thank you for saying yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home